Custom Promotional Artwork and Ordering Guidelines
General Artwork Submission Guidelines
- Digital artwork must be Macintosh compatible.
- You must supply spot color jobs as Adobe Illustrator files with all fonts converted to outlines and Pantone colors specified.
- Four-color process jobs must be Photoshop-compatible and supplied as a CMYK TIFF, EPS, or JPEG file at 300 ppi.
- You must supply one-color jobs as Illustrator files or Photoshop-compatible grayscale images at 300 ppi.
- We accept one-color JPEG files but they must be at least 300 ppi or higher.
- RGB colors, GIF files, Word documents, and other formats are unacceptable.
- All artwork requiring bleeds must have the bleeds provided at least 1/4" all the way around.
Digital Print Matchbox Artwork Guidelines
*Specifically refers to items: 1020-DP2, 1018-DP3, and 1020-DP3
- All printing is digital CMYK. Please submit only high-resolution .PDF, .PSD, .PNG, .TIF, .AI, or .EPS files at 300 dpi. Artwork must be full-bleed or have a transparent background.
- Download the template to use ONLY as a setup guide for your artwork. When submitting the art, please send each panel as a separate file with the transparent background layer (if necessary).
- All Pantone spot colors will print in CMYK (four-color process) and some variations from the Pantone colors are normal. Printing on top and bottom only. One side panel is solid white. The striker friction covers the opposite side.
General Ordering Information
Allowed Printing Colors
Except for CMYK colors (four-color process), we will match your orders to your specified Pantone ink colors. If you supply a color swatch and do not indicate the Pantone number on your order, the factory will select the closest Pantone equivalent. We will use that number as a reference for color matching. The universal Pantone number provides a definite color target to hit on new and repeat orders.
Normal Color Variations
We will make every effort to closely match the chosen Pantone colors. However, we cannot guarantee exact matches due to the different contents of Pantone paper and the product paper stocks. Also, we strongly recommend using a solid PMS color vs CMYK for all designs that have a solid background color.
Variations in paper mill stocks, ink formulations, and pressroom conditions can result in a slight difference between the press proof colors and the colors of the actual finished job.
- We will pre-pay freight and charge it back from F.O.B. point per prevailing common carrier or U.P.S. rates.
- Freight charges pre-quoted by the office are estimations only. The carrier’s waybill determines the actual costs upon shipment. The factory is not responsible for any cost differences.
- Title passes to the consignee upon pick-up by the carrier. If a customer refuses any shipment upon delivery, they’re responsible for return and re-delivery charges.
- The factory is not accountable for any delivery delays due to acts of war or terrorism, port stoppages, Customs inspections, trucker strikes, slow-downs, accidents, breakdowns, or other problems in transit.
- Drop shipments to two or more locations: the minimum quantity for each drop is one standard shipping carton. There are no special handling charges for this service.
- U.P.S. shipments: We will apply a $10.00 handling charge to each shipment plus $3.00 per carton for insurance.
Storage Charges and Re-Delivery Charges
- We will charge shipments refused and returned to the factory’s warehouse $30.00 from the first day to the end of the arrival month. Thereafter, returned shipments will incur storage fees of $3.00 per carton per month. Customer is also responsible for the cost of the returning and re-delivery freight.
- We will assess scheduled shipments held for credit reasons or by customer’s request monthly at $3.00 per carton.
- Overruns or underruns: We make every attempt to ship the exact quantity on your order. However, we reserve the right to ship up to 10% over or under the quantity ordered and to invoice accordingly.
- We collect sales tax nationwide from all applicable states. Tax-exempt? You must provide a copy of your tax-exempt certificate at the time of placing your order.
- Minimum charge is $25.00.
- We will charge orders canceled during preparation or production for all processed work, including setup, proofs, film separations, plates, and dyes.
- We will charge orders completed at the time of cancellation at full price.
- We guarantee our products against defects in workmanship and incorrect imprints.
- If we are at fault on either of these points, we will re-make your job.
Contact Us for Questions About Our Artwork and Ordering Guidelines
- If you have any questions that are not answered